Food gifts are my absolute favorite gifts to give and receive during Christmas. They are thoughtful, they are delicious, and maybe my favorite part of all—they don’t add any clutter to my house! I’ve never met someone who doesn’t appreciate a handmade tasty treat.
Christmas food gifts are wonderful if your budget is tight (many of the items on this list can be made for a dollar or less per gift), if you’re looking to avoid the pressure-filled rush of Christmas shopping, or if you’re just looking to add a little more simplicity to your holiday gifting. Many of these gifts are simple enough for even small children to help make. I’m sure you’ll find the perfect treat for your mail carrier, teacher, friend, or loved one on this list.
How do you package Christmas food gifts?
The best way to package food gifts depends entirely on what gift you are giving. Personally, I prefer to gift in reusable containers—think canning jars, swing-top bottles, or food storage jars. Not only is it a beautiful, safe, and sturdy way to store your handmade goodies, but it also gives your giftee something they can reuse later. You can also upcycle jars and containers from the recycling—pasta sauce jars are great!
Cookie tins are also a great option for packaging if you’re worried about mailing or transporting glass. Most supermarkets and big box stores carry cookie tins either with their holiday baking supplies or holiday wrapping supplies.
What can you make for Christmas food gifts?
We have so many great ideas for you to check out—I’m sure you’ll find just the right DIY gift here for your budget, your skills, and your loved ones! Full recipes and details are available if you click on each item. Happy holidays!
Looking for more gift ideas?
We have ideas for everyone on your list, no matter your budget, in our gift guides:
- 38+ Gifts for Bakers. Shower the bakers in your lives with tools and ingredients from our list.
- 37+ Gifts for Coffee Lovers. From cute and affordable coffee stirrers, all the way up to fancy brewing equipment, we have something for all the java fans!
- 40+ Gifts for Beer Lovers. Hops fans would appreciate any of the gifts on our beer lovers gift guide.
- 65+ Fun Gifts for Foodies. You know that we wouldn’t be Wholefully without a foodie gift guide! Get our favorite cookbooks, delicious foods, and useful kitchen gear here.
- 39+ Gifts for Tea Lovers. Tea lovers will adore the gifts on this list, ranging from DIY tea kits to beautiful steeping equipment.
- 32+ Best Gifts for Whiskey Lovers.Have a whiskey or bourbon lover on your gift list? Our comprehensive guide will help you find them the perfect gift.