Tired of the same old vegetable side dishes? Use this collection of simple recipes to try something new!
We love rounding out a family-friendly dinner with a delicious veggie side! Even veggie-haters can learn to love vegetables with some of our off-the-charts delicious recipes. We like these sides because they pair beautifully with many main dishes, are a breeze to make, and taste wonderful.
What vegetable side dish recipes are good for last-minute dinners?
When you’re short on time, these are your speediest veggie side options:
- Garlic Broccoli. Steaming is the quickest way to cook vegetables and get them on the table in minutes. This simple broccoli dish is just so easy!
- Steamed Asparagus. A few basic spices, lemon juice, and butter are all you need to season this quick and easy asparagus dish.
- Herbed Cucumber Tomato Salad. This is one of our favorite recipes for summer when fresh herbs are abundant and tomatoes have the best flavor and texture.
- Cucumber Onion Salad. Like the tomato salad above, this recipe is best in the summer when the raw cucumber is seasoned only with a simple creamy vinaigrette.
- Avocado Caprese Salad. Want something a little more filling or hearty? This avocado caprese salad is your answer!
What is the most popular side dish?
We love all of our veggie side dishes, but these are some of our reader favorites:
- Loaded Roasted Cauliflower. Cauliflower with ranch, bacon, and cheese—what’s not to love?
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli. A little bit of Parmesan makes every vegetable taste better!
- Sweet and Creamy Coleslaw. This one is great for meal prep and is a summer favorite!
- Grilled Corn on the Cob. Listen, corn on the cob is a classic for a reason, and we’ll show you our favorite way to grill it!
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes. Once you see how easy these are to make, you’ll never want to cook mashed potatoes another way!
And now, on to the full collection of easy vegetable side dishes!