With great flavor comes great responsibility, and our tangy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap is ready to step up to the plate. Full of crispy bacon, tangy ranch, and juicy chicken, this delicious lunch is great for busy weekends or to make ahead for a packed school lunch.
What you’ll need to make crispy bacon chicken wraps
This easy meal comes together with a few simple ingredients! Rotisserie chicken, creamy ranch dressing, and salty bacon become a lunchtime masterpiece you’ll want to repeat for days to come.
- Tortillas: A large tortilla works best here.
- Ranch: Store-bought or make your own (here’s a DIY dairy-free ranch, too!).
- Hot Sauce: We used Sriracha, but Cholula, Tapatio, or buffalo hot sauce are all delicious. You can leave it out entirely for spice-adverse folks.
- Shredded Chicken: We used rotisserie chicken, but this is also a great way to use any leftover chicken from the week.
- Avocado: Thinly sliced.
- Fresh Lettuce: Shredded iceberg lettuce is a classic.
- Bacon: Crumbled and crispy. We like one slice per wrap!
Protip: Use the right size tortilla!
Make sure you choose a tortilla at least 8-9 inches in diameter. That ensures it’ll wrap around all those yummy ingredients without any spillover!
How to make chicken bacon wraps
Got a couple of minutes? That’s all you need to make this easy lunch recipe. By the time you’ve pulled everything out of the fridge, you’re halfway to taking a bite out of these crispy chicken bacon ranch wraps.
- Warm the tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing with the hot sauce until fully incorporated.
- Place the tortilla on the flat surface of a cutting board. Add your filling ingredients and drizzle the spicy ranch all over the wrap.
- Fold into a wrap like a burrito, place the seam side of the tortilla down, cut the wrap half, and eat!
What if I’m not a fan of iceberg lettuce?
There’s no shame in your lettuce game! While iceberg may be a classic, that doesn’t mean you can’t switch it up. Try using other leafy greens like arugula, kale, or romaine lettuce.
Can I use turkey bacon instead?
Ingredient swaps are a great way to make a recipe fit your family’s needs. We think turkey bacon is a great substitute for regular bacon in these wraps! You can easily do a one-for-one swap.
What’s the best chicken to use for this recipe?
We took a couple of shortcuts, like using rotisserie chicken, but you can prepare your own chicken or use leftovers too! Chicken tenders, chicken breasts, and chicken thighs can all be used to make a delicious wrap.
Can I make a chicken bacon ranch wrap ahead of time?
You can! These wraps are a meal prep dream and can be made up to two days in advance as a quick grab-and-go option for busy days or to quickly place into a lunch box. We recommend wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap to keep them fresh if you are making these wraps in advance.
Protip: Pack it up!
We love the Lunchbots Bento Boxes and Dip Containers! They make opening a packed lunch an experience with their individual sections for all their favorite snacks and small containers with silicone lids so the extra dressing doesn’t spill everywhere!
Why is my wrap falling apart?
Sometimes it just happens, but here are a few tips to make a better, sturdier wrap:
- The ultimate pro tip for making a homemade wrap is to always warm the tortilla. This makes the tortilla easier to roll and less likely to tear.
- Don’t be tempted to overstuff your wrap—start with about a handful’s worth of filling and adjust accordingly based on your wrap size.
- Be careful with the dressing! Too much of a wet ingredient could make the wrap soggy and fall apart as you eat.
You can also try rolling it tightly in parchment paper or cling film to keep everything tight together as you eat—kind of like eating a burrito wrapped in aluminum foil!
What to serve with a chicken bacon ranch wrap
Keep the handheld fun going with some of our favorite recipes.
For school lunches, try adding:
- Rainbow fruit kebabs
- Fresh vegetables like carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes, with more ranch dressing for dipping.
- Oatmeal raisin cookie snack bites
- Fruit leather
- Cinnamon sugar muffins
For dinners at home, we love pairing this chicken bacon wrap recipe with a side of potato wedges and a fresh fruit salad.