It’s easy to add a little bit of celebration into every day with a simple mimosa! Our festive version adds in a fruity punch of strawberry puree to make a delightfully bubbly and bright pink drink that is perfect for Mother’s Day brunches, wedding showers, or just any random day you want to make a little special. Let’s get mixing!
Strawberry mimosa ingredients
There are only three simple ingredients for this strawberry mimosa recipe: sparkling wine, orange juice, and fresh strawberries. For the best flavor, we recommend using fresh-squeezed orange juice.
What kind of alcohol is best for mimosas?
Champagne is the classic mimosa alcohol, but you can also use Cava, dry prosecco, or sparkling wine. Whichever you choose, be sure to select a “brut” or dry variety so that the sweetness and flavors of the fruit can shine.
How do you make strawberry mimosas?
The great thing about this cocktail is that it goes from ingredients to sipping in under five minutes:
- Blend the orange juice with fresh strawberries until pureed.
- Fill champagne flutes to the halfway point with champagne or sparkling wine.
- Pour the strawberry orange blend over the wine. Garnish and serve immediately.
Pour the sparkling wine at an angle into the flutes to minimize froth.
How should I garnish these cocktails?
More fresh strawberries, orange slices, or sprigs of mint on the rim of each glass will give these mimosas an elegant look.
How to make it in a pitcher
This recipe makes a big enough batch to serve eight people. So if you want to save time at brunch, you can absolutely make the mimosas in a pitcher. Just be sure to keep a long spoon in the pitcher to stir the drink occasionally, as the strawberry puree does tend to settle after a bit.
The easier way to serve strawberry mimosas at a party is to set the juice blend aside in a carafe, and fill each glass as you go.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Mimosas are really best served fresh. But because they only take a few minutes, they don’t really need to be made ahead of time!
For More Fresh Strawberry Recipes:
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Wine
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Spinach Salad in a Jar
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Berry Yogurt Pops
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Squares
- Pitcher Strawberry Mojitos
- Summer Berry Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Banana Soft Serve
- Strawberry, Kiwi, and Lime Infused Water
- Strawberry, Cucumber, and Mint Infused Water
- Fish Tacos with Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa
- Feta Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream