Food always tastes better in mini form! These Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken Sliders are tiny, tasty, and terribly easy to make.
Ready in 4 hours
If I was really on the ball (HA! Like that ever happens), I would have posted this recipe for you before the Super Bowl, because this is the perfect main course for a big party with all of your football loving friends.
Alas, here I am, posting a week late. That’s okay, because these little sriracha chicken sliders are delicious even if a big sporting event isn’t on your TV. And thanks to the slow cooker, they are easy enough for even a weeknight dinner.
There are three parts to these mini sandwiches: the pulled chicken which is cooked in a sriracha butter sauce (!), the creamy, sweet slaw, and the cool ranch sauce on top. You don’t have to make the slaw or the ranch, but I highly recommend it. The three of them together are such an amazing combo.
And, trust me, you won’t be sorry to have the leftovers in your fridge. I’ve even been eating them on top of a bed of romaine—it’s a really delicious way to get all the flavor of the sliders in a lighter lunch.
I only have one large slow cooker (this six quart Hamilton Beach beauty that I’ve been lovingly using since we were married almost a decade ago), but this is a great recipe if you have a smaller slow cooker, too. So many of the slow cooker recipes out there (most of mine, included) would overwhelm a smaller slow cooker, but not this one!
I sometimes borrow my Mama’s three quart Crock Pot (this one) for smaller dishes, and these sliders would be a great option if that’s all you have in your kitchen. Honestly, you could probably even get by with making it in a smaller one than that!
You’re going to look at the recipe and see it calls for a 1/3 cup of sriracha and either (a) think I’m crazy (those of you with a heat tolerance similar to mine) or (b) think that sounds awesome (those of you with stainless steel tongues).
The truth is, while a third of a cup of hot sauce sounds like a lot, it isn’t unbearably spicy. In fact, I think some folks would even consider it to be mild. Something about the slow cooker seems to mild down sriracha nicely (which isn’t super spicy anyway). It also helps that you’re only eating the chicken in little bursts thanks to the size of the sliders.
Don’t worry heat fans, it’s still the have-to-blow-your-nose-after-dinner kind of spicy. But those of you that really want to scorch your mouth might want to drizzle on some more sriracha before biting in. Enjoy!
- 1 pound chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup Sriracha hot chile sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (about ½ small head)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slider buns
- Additional Sriracha sauce
- In the slow cooker, combine the chicken breasts, butter, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and Sriracha. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-4, until the chicken is fall apart tender. Shred using two forks.
- While the chicken is cooking, assemble the slaw. Mix the cabbage and carrots together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To make the ranch sauce, whisk together all ingredients (or blend in a blender or food processor).
- To assemble the sliders, place a small amount of slaw on the bottom of a slider bun. Top with chicken, and then drizzle with ranch sauce. Drizzle with additional Sriracha, if desired. Top with other half of the bun.