Peach is one of my favorite summer flavors, and I love that with this peach smoothie, I can enjoy it any time. Whip up this simple peaches-and-cream smoothie any time you need a quick and easy breakfast or snack. You’re guaranteed to love the creamy texture and smooth, sweet peachy flavor.
What do I need to make a peach smoothie?
The base recipe for this sweet smoothie is very simple, but you can mix and match your favorite ingredients. For this peach smoothie recipe, you’ll need:
- Frozen peaches. Using frozen fruit cuts down on the prep work as it both cools down your drink and provides the base flavor for your smoothie.
- Raw almonds. Almonds add a creamy texture that’s rich and hearty.
- Pitted Medjool dates. The dates add to the sweetness and texture of the smoothie.
- Vanilla extract. This common baking ingredient enhances the flavors of the almonds, peaches, and dates.
- Water. The liquid of choice for making a peaches-and-cream smoothie.
If you’re looking for a way to make your peach smoothie even creamier, try making it with coconut milk, oat milk, or almond milk instead of water!
Don’t I need ice?
Instead of ice cubes, this smoothie recipe uses frozen peaches. There’s already water in the peach smoothie and adding ice might dilute the flavor a little too much. Frozen peaches keep the flavor nice and peachy.
Of course, if you’re fortunate enough to have some fresh peaches to toss in your smoothie, you’ll need to add a handful of ice to chill down your drink.
What are the steps to making a peach smoothie?
One of the best things about smoothies is that you go from ingredients to finished product in less than five minutes. Follow these simple instructions to make your smoothie.
- Put the water in the blender, followed by the vanilla, dates, frozen peaches, and almonds.
- Blend on high for several minutes, or until the smoothie has reached the desired consistency.
Is this peach smoothie vegan?
Yes! This peach smoothie doesn’t have any dairy products, so it’s 100% vegan. Even if you were to substitute a nut milk like almond or coconut in for the water, you’d still be looking at a vegan smoothie.
As a bonus, this smoothie is also paleo friendly and gluten-free!
Which blender should I use to make a peach smoothie?
This is going to be a matter of preference and pricing. The short answer is any blender you own will do the job. However, if you’re looking to purchase a blender for making smoothies, here are my recommendations.
- Inexpensive with good quality: Cuisinart Hand Blender. This little immersion blender packs a pretty powerful punch.
- Mid-range blender: Ninja Professional Blender. A great blender for a variety of uses, the Ninja blender is all most people will ever need.
- Top of the line in price and quality: Vitamix Professional Blender. Vitamix will take you well beyond the world of smoothies, so if you have some money to invest in a quality blender, this is the one you should get!
Can I add any ingredients to my peach smoothie?
Yes! If you’re looking to make your smoothie more filling or nourishing, there are plenty of options available to you. My favorite way to add more nutrients to a smoothie is to make up smoothie packs ahead of time. You can make these with any of your favorite smoothie ingredients for an easy boost of flavor or nutrition.
Some add-ins that would work really well with this peach smoothie include:
- Protein powder. The perfect boost of protein for this sweet smoothie. I’d recommend using unflavored or vanilla flavored powder.
- Dark leafy greens. An easy way to add nutrition is to toss in some spinach or baby kale. You won’t even taste them!
- Hemp seeds, chia seeds, or ground flax seeds: These seeds are nutrition powerhouses! They contain healthy fats and you can hardly even tell they’re there because they don’t have much flavor.
- Rolled oats. A fiber-filled addition that’ll really thicken up your peach smoothie, making it feel a lot more filling.
- Greek yogurt. This would make your peaches-and-cream smoothie super creamy while adding some protein and calcium.