Welcome to a culinary journey filled with love, flavor, and a dish that might just sweep you off your feet—Marry Me Chicken. This delightful recipe has been making waves in kitchens around the world, captivating hearts with its creamy richness and aromatic blend of sun-dried tomatoes and garlic.
What is marry me chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is a delicious dish of juicy chicken breasts bathed in a sun-dried tomato-infused cream sauce. Its name comes from the notoriety it has for being so delectable that it can lead to unforgettable moments like marriage proposals—who can resist a chicken dish with a reputation like that?
What’s the secret behind Marry Me Chicken’s allure? It’s all in the sauce. The creamy blend of sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and a touch of Italian herbs creates a symphony of flavors. The dish perfectly balances richness with a hint of tanginess.
What is marry me chicken made of?
To make this chicken dish, you’ll need:
- Chicken cutlets. Cut your boneless skinless chicken breasts lengthwise into two flat pieces, and you’ll be set.
- All-purpose flour.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, fresh thyme, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, fresh basil leaves
- Fats: Unsalted butter and avocado oil.
- Yellow onion
- Fresh garlic
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Parmesan cheese
How do you make this chicken recipe?
- Whisk the flour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat the chicken pieces with the flour mixture.
- Heat the fats over medium heat, and brown the chicken on both sides. Set the chicken aside.
- Add the onions to the hot skillet and sauté. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth, scraping up the tasty browned bits from the pan. Add the cream, tomatoes, herbs, and more salt.
- Simmer for five minutes, and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken to the creamy sauce and simmer for five minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve!
What do I do with the oil from the sundried tomatoes?
Don’t toss that oil! It is packed with flavor—use it to whisk up a salad dressing, put it in a marinade, or use it to sauté vegetables!
Can’t I just use pre-shredded Parmesan?
We love a shortcut wherever we can take it (ahem, count how many rotisserie chickens we’ve snagged at the grocery store this year). But in this case, go for a wedge of Parmesan and shred it yourself if you can. It melts much better, giving you a creamier, dreamier sauce.
What do I serve marry me chicken with?
Serve marry me chicken with a delicious starch to soak up the extra sauce—you don’t want any of it to go to waste! Try it over pasta, rice, or even mashed potatoes. Add something green to round it out, and dinner is served!
How do I store the leftovers?
Keep any leftover marry me chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within three days.