I’ve been getting a lot of questions about what we’re doing for quick, easy, and healthy breakfasts now that my daughter is in school. School mornings are chaos in our house!
We live about 30 minutes (or more, with traffic and construction) from Juni’s school, so getting out the door on time with all the morning to-dos checked off (teeth brushed, hair brushed, lunch packed, water bottle filled, pants on, BREAKFAST) is a miracle.
The big thing that has helped with this is my beloved meal prep. We’ve gotten in a rhythm of prepping one batch of “something bready” (muffins, quick breads, etc.) and a batch of drinkable yogurts (I just blend 24-Hour Yogurt with fruit, collagen peptides, and some nut butter, and then store them in small mason jars in the fridge).
If I can get a slice of bread, a yogurt, and a piece of fruit in my kid before she hits the ground running at school, I’m a happy Mama.
The goal for us when it comes to the “something bready” is to avoid grains and keep the sugar low to avoid a mid-morning sugar crash. I’ve been making muffins just sweetened with bananas or persimmons quite a bit, and batch after batch of this low-sugar Pumpkin Cashew Blender Bread.
It comes together quickly, Juni devours a slice happily (especially if I slather it with ghee), and it’s packed with foods that’ll keep her (and us!) nourished throughout the day. No refined sugars or flours. No gluten. No sugar bombs. Just good, quality fuel to help my kid to take on the day!
This Grain-Free Pumpkin Bread comes together completely in the blender—fewer dishes makes for a happier Dishwashing Husband. It takes less than five minutes of hands-on time to get it in the oven, and it’s a perfect (healthier) treat to snack on while you sip on a Homemade Chai Latte. Enjoy!
This Grain-Free Pumpkin Bread is filled with wholesome ingredients and a fall flavor that everyone will love.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 1/2” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the jar of a high-powered blender, combine the eggs, cashews, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, almond milk, ghee or butter, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sea salt. Blend on high until very smooth and creamy.
- Add in the baking soda and pulse until well combined.
- Finally, add in the coconut flour and pulse until well combined. The mixture will be quite thick at this point, so if it won’t combine, simply stir in the coconut flour with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and it feels set in the middle.
- Feel free to sub in 1 heaping tablespoon of your favorite pumpkin pie spice blend for the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- The key to get this bread to rise well is for the reaction between the apple cider vinegar and baking soda to happen right before you put it in the oven. Once you put the baking soda in, try to get it in the oven as quickly as possible.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baking
Keywords: breads, baking, pumpkin, grain-free, cashews, gluten-free, fall, breakfast