You might think Indiana is all about the corn, but us Hoosiers know that the real star crops here are our cantaloupes and watermelon! You can’t beat a perfectly ripe cantaloupe grown here in Southern Indiana, and these healthy frozen fruit pops use cantaloupe grown at Melon Acres Farm in Oaktown, Indiana along with local cucumbers, both of which I picked up at my local Meijer store.Print
Cucumber Cantaloupe Frozen Fruit Pops are light, sweet, and refreshing. You don’t even need any added sugar!
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced fresh cucumber (about 1/2 of a medium)
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and diced fresh cantaloupe
- Juice and zest of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest)
- Honey, to taste
- Ice pop molds and sticks
- Place all ingredients in a wide-mouth jar.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice pop molds. Freeze on a flat surface for an hour, remove, add in the ice pop sticks, then return to freezer. Freeze for an additional 2-3 hours or until frozen solid.
- No need to sweeten this if your cantaloupes are fresh, local, and in season! They’ll be sweet enough without any added honey.
- Because of the small volume of the fruit pop mixture, it’s best to use an immersion blender here instead of your big blender or a food processor.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: dessert, frozen, cantaloupe, cucumbers, popsicles