Maybe the two most refreshing flavors on the planet—watermelon and peppermint—all combined into one icy fruit pop that will make your summertime blues fade away. This pop features fresh local watermelon from the Mouzin Brothers family farm in Vincennes, Indiana. They are fourth generation watermelon farmers and have been providing watermelon to Meijer stores since 2002!Print
It doesn’t get much more cooling and refreshing than these Watermelon Mint Frozen Fruit Pops.
- 2 cups peeled and diced fresh seedless watermelon
- 6 large leaves of fresh peppermint, plus more for garnish
- Juice and zest of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest)
- Honey, to taste
- Ice pop molds and sticks
- Place all ingredients in a wide-mouth jar.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice pop molds. Slide in a few full peppermint leaves for garnish, then freeze on a flat surface for an hour, remove, add in the ice pop sticks, then return to freezer. Freeze for an additional 2-3 hours or until frozen solid.
- No need to sweeten this if your watermelon are fresh, local, and in season! They’ll be sweet enough without any added honey.
- Because of the small volume of the fruit pop mixture, it’s best to use an immersion blender here instead of your big blender or a food processor.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: dessert, frozen, watermelon, herbs, popsicles