I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like this salad! The combo of flavors and textures is incredibly satisfying—this is one of those salads that feels hearty and interesting enough to serve as a main dish. Although, I like serving it up next to my blender pumpkin soup for Fall.
For the Salad:
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (about 1 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small green apple, chopped (about 1 cup)
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients. Close lid and shake to combine. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if desired.
- Pour dressing over the salad just before serving. Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 side dish servings Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 11gSugar: 41gProtein: 15g
At Wholefully, we believe that good nutrition is about much more than just the numbers on the nutrition facts panel. Please use the above information as only a small part of what helps you decide what foods are nourishing for you.