These are an awesome five-minute dinner! The chickpeas have a great meaty texture that really works with the spicy and rich barbecue sauce and cooling crunch of the slaw. You can also pack all these elements individually and make these wraps for an awesome office lunch!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (about 1 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (whatever your favorite is)
- 4 whole grain burrito-size tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw (homemade or store-bought)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas and barbecue sauce. Stir until chickpeas are well-coated.
- Lay a warmed tortilla on a cutting board. In the middle, spread out about 1/2 cup of the coleslaw. Top with one-quarter of the chickpea mixture. Roll the tortilla into a wrap, slice in half, and serve.
If you prefer, you can warm the chickpea and barbecue sauce mixture in a saucepan or the microwave before placing in the wrap.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 wraps Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 843Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 1756mgCarbohydrates: 114gFiber: 18gSugar: 31gProtein: 27g
At Wholefully, we believe that good nutrition is about much more than just the numbers on the nutrition facts panel. Please use the above information as only a small part of what helps you decide what foods are nourishing for you.