This is quite possibly my favorite pasta salad in the world, and that’s saying a lot, because I’m a girl who lovvveesss her some pasta salad. But I really do think this Ranch BLT Pasta Salad is the queen of them all.
Because of course it is—it’s got crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes, and creamy homemade ranch dressing. It’s like all the good things in life came together in one bowl! This is the perfect picnic or potluck dish—trust me, everyone will be raving and begging for the recipe.
The key to the best flavor here is my special homemade ranch dressing recipe below. I know, I know, you have your favorite bottled ranch that you love—and I’m sure it would do the trick if you’re crunched for time—but I think this ranch dressing recipe is really worth the extra few minutes it takes to whip up. You might never go back to store-bought ranch again!
And yes, this pasta salad has Romaine lettuce in it, and I can see you over there thinking But Cass, doesn’t that lettuce get slimy? And my answer is Yes, eventually, and that’s why I ask you to add it right before serving! The lettuce adds such a wonderful, crisp crunch, plus the blast of green color makes this pasta salad swoon-worthy. If you’re bringing this to a potluck, just make the entire salad ahead of time and bring the lettuce in a separate container. Toss it in right before the buffet line starts.
I’ve made this pasta salad with regular wheat pasta, gluten-free (corn flour) pasta, and grain-free (chickpea flour) pasta, and it turned out great each time. I do recommend slightly undercooking both the gluten-free and grain-free pasta because they tend to break apart more easily when chilled if cooked completely. Enjoy!Print
This Ranch BLT Pasta Salad is the queen of all pasta salads, thanks to its crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes, tender noodles, and creamy homemade ranch dressing.
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the Salad
- 12 ounces rotini, cooked and drained (gluten-free or wheat pasta both work)
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin slices
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces bacon (about 10 slices), cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss together the rotini, red onion, tomatoes, bacon, and parsley. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Let flavors meld in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add in the chopped romaine, tossing to combine.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta, pasta salad, summer, bacon, tomatoes, potluck