Thank you guys so much for all of your incredible home remedies on my today’s eats post. You guys rock! I plan on trying all of them if this cold decides to stick around (let’s hope it doesn’t) but the one I heard the most frequently was to drink a hot toddy.
For the past two days, I’ve been alternating between hot toddies and cold buster smoothies and my sore throat is almost bearable (woohoo!). I’ve been drinking a hot toddy each night before bed and it is so relaxing and soothing. I am such an alcohol lightweight, that the small amount of whiskey makes me just a little bit sleepy. Who needs Nyquil when you’ve got Jameson?
Of course, you could go alcohol-free with your hot toddy and still reap the awesome benefits of warm liquid, lemon and soothing honey. And if you are anything like me, just drinking something hot will make you all warm, cozy and sleepy.
Makes one drink.
- 1-1/2 ounces whiskey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tea bag of your choice
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- In the bottom of a large mug, add whiskey, honey and lemon juice.
- Pour hot water in mug. Stir to dissolve honey and mix.
- Add tea bag. Let steep for 3-4 minutes. Remove tea bag.
- Drop in cinnamon stick, garnish with lemon slices and enjoy.
yummm I love these drinks. You want to know what else is delish in them? Cloves! Just drop one of 2 cloves into your mug and the flavor will be absorbed by the liquid.