1. I am really proud of my first cookbook, but I feel like I learned so much (about the cookbook writing process, about what I want out of being author, about what readers want, etc.) that I am really excited to make my second cookbook even more amazing-er. I’m starting recipe development this week, and it feels entirely different this time. I felt so overwhelmed last time—it was all so new. This time, I feel like I’m ready to kick some cookbook ass.
2. Amazingly, I’m pretty calm about the whole labor and delivery process. But one thing I am worried about—I’ll go into labor early. I have an insane list of work to-dos to complete before I can start my maternity leave, and it’s going to be a tight timeline just to get them done before my due date. I really want to shut-off from work completely for a few weeks after giving birth, and I’d hate to have some of that work bleed into our time bonding as a new family. I just need to accept that I have no control over it, and just work as hard as I can while I can.
3. During the winter, I tend to not paint my toenails (what’s the point?). So I’ve had the same toenail polish on my toes since, uh, September. It was a glitter polish, and it all fell off except a few spots on my big toes. It really wasn’t an issue when the weather was cold and snowy, but now that Spring is here, I really would like some pretty toes. But, unfortunately, I’ve now waited too long and can no longer reach my toes. I should have done some better planning with that one.
4. I get ridiculously giddy when I go to Whole Foods. It’s all so shiny. And pretty. And has pretty much everything I could ever want. My excitement lasts until I get to the checkout. And then, as I watch the total creep up, I remember why I don’t shop there more often.
5. I absolutely cannot wait to get back to working out after Baby J gets here. I know it’ll be a while before I’m cleared for activity. And even longer before I feel good enough and strong enough to do anything intense (especially after being on modified bed rest), but just the idea of working toward making my body healthier again is so exciting. It’s almost like I’m starting fresh again. There is something invigorating about starting from square one. There really is no where I can go but up from my current activity level and ability, so every workout will be a victory.