1. I have been M.I.A. because I have the COLD OF DEATH. Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic, but I’ve been pretty sick recently. I think it was only a few weeks ago that was running my mouth and bragging about how I hadn’t been sick in over a year. Well, I’m making up for it with this one. It just won’t go away. I keep thinking I’m recovering, but it just comes back with a vengeance. I guess that’s just the time of year, right?
2. With my sickness, I’ve been able to explore the deep reaches of the Netflix romantic comedy library. My favorite movies (on Netflix) to fall asleep to: Maid in Manhattan, She’s All That and Runaway Bride. I’ve seen each no less that 20 times, and they are just barely interesting enough to keep me distracted from the mucus factory that has set up shop in my noggin, but boring enough for me to fall asleep to. And none of them have any super loud scenes that might wake me up after I’ve drifted off (a definite plus). How did we do sick days before Netflix?
3. They are forecasting the first hard freeze of the season for tomorrow night, and we’re not ready yet. We’ve been scrambling to get the garden “closed” for the season for weeks now. A few weekends ago, we got a lot done. And Craig did a lot last night to temporarily protect our winter crops, but we still need to get some work done on more permanent solutions. We’re hoping to be able to overwinter a lot of produce (kale, Swiss chard, kohlrabi, carrots, radishes, and lots more!), but it ain’t gonna happen if we don’t get to gettin’. It’s like winter just surprised us.
4. I definitely cried when they did the tribute to Peyton Manning at the Colts/Broncos game this weekend. Oh, Peyton. I love you, forever. (But I also love that we beat you.)
5. I’ve been having some insane dreams lately (being sick does that to me). My favorite: Craig and I were on House Hunters, but we would only look at houses that were made of lunchmeat. Giada deLaurentis was our realtor. Ooooookkaaaayyyyy.