1. My legal, real, only-when-I’m-in-trouble first name is Casandra. Growing up, my nickname was spelled “Cassy” but I got so fed up with people calling me Casey all the time, that I decided to change the spelling in fourth grade. And ever since then, I’ve been Cassie—although most people close to me just call me Cass. It’s all very confusing. You can still find the old spelling of my name on some of our vintage family Christmas decor, like my stocking and some homemade ornaments.
2. Plans were in the works for quite a few years for us to buy my parents’ house and move back to my hometown before we ever actually packed a moving truck. I was dealing with a lot of feelings about moving home, so I first started Wholefully as a personal blog about all those emotions. City girl going back to her country roots and all that. I launched it, wrote three or four posts, and then got scared my employer-at-the-time might stumble onto it and read all about how I’m planning on moving away in a few years. So, I deleted those posts and instead started writing about food, fitness and weight loss (something I was doing to a private audience over on SparkPeople).
3. Speaking of moving home, I am embarrassingly comforted by the fact that my parents live within walking distance of my house. I’m almost 30 years old. I’ve lived alone. I’ve lived in big cities. I’ve even lived alone in a big city. But knowing my Dad and Mama are about 30 seconds away makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
4. I’m pretty much just pretending that Google Reader isn’t going away. Just the other day I added a bunch of new blogs. Hell no, I wont go.
5. I’ve never had a macaron before. I’m holding out until I can have one in the shadow of the Eiffel tower on a Spring day while wearing a big, floppy hat and a twirly skirt. Because that just sounds about right.