It doesn’t get much more classic than these cocktail meatballs. The sauce is a little odd (grape jam, what?), but trust me, the end result is tangy, sweet, and super delicious. They make a perfect holiday appetizer or easy-peasy main meal!
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients. Mix well (your best bet is to use clean hands).
- Grab a couple of tablespoons of the mixture and form into a ball. Place on a large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are brown and cooked through.
- In the basin of a slow cooker, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and jelly. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add the cornstarch slurry to the slow cooker and whisk.
- Add in the cooked meatballs, cover the slow cooker, and cook on high for about an hour, until the sauce is thick and bubbly. Reduce heat to warm until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 meatball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
At Wholefully, we believe that good nutrition is about much more than just the numbers on the nutrition facts panel. Please use the above information as only a small part of what helps you decide what foods are nourishing for you.