Share this post:
This Pumpkin Sage Blender Soup is just so darn easy to pull together! Literally just open some cans in a blender, add some spices, blend, and then pour it into a jar—ta-da! You’re done!
Pack with an Apple Walnut Salad in a Jar for an easy lunch to-go!
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin puree (or 1 2/3 cups homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In the pitcher of a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour into pint-size Mason jars. Seal lids and stash in fridge for up to a week.
- To reheat in microwave: remove lid from jar, cover jar loosely with a paper towel, and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes—stirring every minute—until hot.
- To reheat on stovetop: pour soup into a small saucepan. Head over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot throughout—about five minutes.
- If your coconut milk is chilled, it might have separated into solids and liquids. That's okay! Just put everything in the blender and blend away. Your final soup might look like it's curdled—but that's just the tiny bits of coconut cream. When you heat the soup, they'll melt and make for a smooth and creamy soup.