Sometimes, you just want a beer, a hunk of cheesecake and some macaroni and cheese. Not necessarily in that order. Today was one of those days. I really wanted to indulge in some old school junk food, but I resisted. We have a big meal out planned for this upcoming weekend and I’m saving my splurging for that. 80/20 and all that. So for now, I eat clean. For now.
- Breakfast: Two poached eggs over a slice of sprouted grain toast. On the side, I had a bowl of Greek yogurt mixed with PB2 and chia seeds and topped with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Morning Snack: Remember when I told you guys how to make the perfect hard-boiled egg? Well I failed miserably this week. I totally forgot about them and they sat in the hot water for over an hour. Gray yolk is gray. Alongside my sad HBE, I had some fresh pineapple, a sliced peach and a couple of dates.
- Lunch: A big pile of farro salad with some watermelon and chocolate on the side.
- Afternoon Snack: Chocolate protein pudding! It’s like dessert, but with 100% more good-for-you-ness. This recipe will show up on the Anytime Health blog in the next few weeks.
- Dinner: Turkey Florentine Meatballs with a side of marinara for dipping, plus some steamed green beans on the side. And then a small pour of red wine for sipping.