You guys know what feels amazing? Healthy momentum. It can be so hard to start sometimes, but by the time you get a few days or weeks into a health upswing, it feels like nothing can stop you. Woohoo! I love this feeling! I’m eating clean. I’m exercising. I’m hydrating. I feel awesome. It can be so easy to forget how good this feels when I’m in the middle of a downswing. Next time I say, “Oy,
with the poodles already I ate too much sugar and I haven’t worked out in a month and I feel terrible” remind me of this post and how awesome I feel because I’m taking care of my body, k? Onto my eats…
- My morning started off as most mornings do lately—with green tea. I tried a new green tea I snagged at Whole Foods and it was not yummy. It tasted like someone steeped rotten spinach. Gross! So I dumped that out and went back to one of my favorites—Jasmine Green from Teavana. So good. I just wish it wasn’t so pricey. Yowzas. I also skipped the sweetener this time around. Trying to seriously curb my sugar consumption.
- Babyface hooked us up with some yummy, yummy breakfast. Oats made with peanut butter, maple syrup, apples, cinnamon, flax, chia seeds and peanuts. Yum!
- Breakfast was so filling that I had just a snack instead of lunch. I love yogurt bowls so much. In this one: plain Greek yogurt, granola, strawberries, blueberries, chia seeds and a few chocolate chips.
- Dinner was a regular recipe in our house—Penne Rosa. We’re trying to use up as much produce as possible before we leave for Canada in a couple of days, so on the side, we had a big garden salad.
- After dinner, I sipped on some Chamomile Mint tea and had a big hunk of dark chocolate for dessert.
This week, I’m trying out the Lose It! app to keep track of my food intake and the Waterlogged app to keep track of my water. I’m really liking the interface design of Lose It! but I so wish it had water tracking in it—that’s where Waterlogged comes in.