I broke the cardinal rule of healthy eating and frugal grocery shopping this week—I didn’t make a menu. I just couldn’t muster the energy to plan out food. I’m a huge proponent of menu-planning, but even I can’t be bothered with it sometimes. So instead, we just headed to the grocery store and picked up lots of staples—yogurt, berries, apples, eggs—and called it a day. So, this week’s food is going to be a bit of a hodge podge. Back on the menu-making bandwagon next week.
- Breakfast: Two runny eggs over two slices of whole grain toast, plus lowfat Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries on the side. I also had an unpictured mug of decaf coffee with a splash of almond milk.
- Morning Snack: Apple, grapes, Laughing Cow and a hard boiled egg.
- Lunch: It doesn’t look pretty, but it was deee-licious. Cooked farro (my favorite new-to-me grain), tuna, hummus, black beans and corn relish. Plus a four-square of dark chocolate.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken sausage, peppers and onion, a side of roasted cauliflower and some watermelon. Eaten al fresco!
- My failure to clean my plate. My cauliflower lovin’ heart filled up too quickly to finish the rest of my sausage and peppers. Oh well, it’ll make for a delicious lunch. I mostly just snapped this picture because I pretty much never leave anything ever on my plate, so this was a rare occasion that needed to be documented!