This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is plant-based and uses only unrefined sweeteners. Plus, it *actually* contains pumpkin!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, to taste (plus more for garnish)
- 2/3 cup strongly brewed hot coffee
- Whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin puree, coconut milk (if using), maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat until steam rises from the edges of the pan, about five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pumpkin pie spice and coffee. Whisk rapidly until the mixture is frothy (or use an immersion blender for extra foam).
- Pour into mugs and sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice. Serve hot.
- Adding coconut milk makes this latte extra creamy and decadent.
- Using two tablespoons of regular vanilla extract does add some alcohol to this drink. Use an alcohol-free, glycerin-based extract if needed.
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, use 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and one small pinch each of allspice, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg (or just cinnamon if you’re low on spices!).
Keywords: drinks, coffee, pumpkin, vegan