This deeply rich and decadent vegan chocolate pudding is made using dates and Silk® Cashewmilk—no added sweeteners and no animal products!
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates (about 20 dates)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup plain Silk® Cashewmilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pack the dates tightly into a narrow heat-proof container (like a small glass measuring cup). Pour the boiling water over the dates, and let soak for 10-15 minutes, or until the dates are very soft.
- Place the dates, water, Silk® Cashewmilk, cocoa powder, vanilla, cayenne, cinnamon and salt in the basin of a high-speed blender. Blend on high until the mixture is very smooth and no date chunks remain.
- Spoon the pudding into four serving dishes and then refrigerate until cold and thick, about 90 minutes.
Prep time does not include chilling time.
This amount of cayenne lends for just a tiny bit of a kick in the aftertaste, if you like a spicier pudding, up the amount.
You’ll be tempted to add sweetener, but the dates are plenty sweet on their own—I promise!