It’s no accident that I’ve been pretty M.I.A. this week. I took everyone’s advice from Monday’s post and have been resting. On Tuesday night, I even went to bed at 7:30 p.m.! I enjoy writing this blog so much that sometimes I forget that it is an optional hobby and needs to take a backseat when I’m feeling overwhelmed or ill. I would love to devote everything I’ve got to Wholefully, but for now, that just isn’t reality.
Thanks to taking it easy, I’m definitely improving. Other than a pretty wicked cough, I feel much better. Thank you all so much for your well wishes! I’m still on the fence about running on Saturday, but I’m taking it day-by-day. Just as long as we don’t get black flagged for lightning (the weather is looking iffy), I’ll at the very least walk across that finish line.
Because I was so busy resting yesterday, I totally spaced posting my eats for Tuesday. So, we’re subbing in today instead. To usher out my cold more quickly, I’ve cut out almost all dairy and am trying to eat very, very clean. Also, I figured most of you folks knew that I eat mostly organically, but just in case, I’m going to start noting my organic foods.
- Organic Toaster Tart which was on mega sale and I though it was going to be like a PopTart but was pleasantly surprised it was more like a Nutri-Grain Bar.
- Organic banana
- Local, free-range hard-boiled egg
- Organic grapefruit half
- Ginger, lemon + honey tea (usually I make this with a tea ball, but I forgot it at home).
- Echinacea, garlic oil, zinc, vitamin C, + multivitamin. I usually don’t take vitamins, but I’ll take all the help I can get with this cold.
- Organic orange slices
- Trail mix made from dried cranberries, almonds, raisins and sunflower kernels
- Hamburger with ketchup and pickles. Made from organic, local, grass-fed beef. My family split half a cow and we got it for about $2 a pound! STEAL!
- Organic cucumber slices
- Organic carrots
- Coconut water
- Organic apple
- Cheddar Bunnies (maybe not the best clean-eating choice, but I’ve eaten so many fruits and veggies this week that I was desperate for a little organic junk food)
- More ginger, lemon and honey tea. Organic lemon and ginger.
- Omelet (made by Babyface!) with local, organic, free-range eggs, local, organic shittake mushrooms and local breakfast sausage. Topped with a crazy local cheese that tastes like Parm.
- Roasted potatoes
- Chocolate! I’ve been avoiding most sugar for the past few days, so this was the first sweet in a while. I demolished two rows and it was amazing.
And now I’m off to bed. I could kinda get used to this whole “rest” thing. 😛