I used to have a little menu widget in my sidebar that I updated each week with what we were planning on eating for dinner (including links to the recipes). I know a lot of folks loved it, but it turned out to be pretty annoying to update from a technical standpoint, so long ago, I scrapped the idea. Fans of the menu widget have been asking for a while now that I bring back a weekly menu element to Wholefully, and I finally got around to it!
I’m not promising I’ll post our menu every single week, but I’m going to try to post it for you guys more often than not. One of the benefits of this longer post-format is that I get to talk about what we’re eating more detail, including info on our breakfasts, lunches and snacks! Alrighty, let’s go!
We don’t usually “schedule” breakfasts each day, but we do like to have quite a few options available depending on our mood, so this week, here’s what breakfasts we have stashed in the fridge and pantry:
- Fruit and kefir smoothies, hard-boiled egg, piece of toast with peanut butter
- Overnight oats, clementine or banana
- Cereal with almond milk, fruit and yogurt parfait
- Poached eggs on toast, clementine or banana
Lunches are the same deal for us, we like to have quite a few options each week just to fit in with whatever mood we’re in that day. I usually make large batches of these items on the weekend and then stash them in the fridge so we can eat on them all week-long.
- Curry chicken salad on rye crisps, chopped veggies and hummus
- Living salad (in a jar!), hard-boiled egg, apple slices
- Roasted veggie and black bean rice bowls, clementine
- Leftovers (whatever we have kicking around the fridge, currently, there is a whole bucketload of chili in there)
Healthy snacks are one of the most important things to make sure I don’t go crazy on a bag of chocolate chips while working at home. Here’s what we’re snacking on this week:
- Peanut butter cookie date bites
- Carrots, celery and cherry tomatoes with hummus
- Fruit and yogurt parfaits
- Hard-boiled eggs
My goal this week was to make a menu that didn’t really require us going to the grocery store at all. We have such a good stash of food in our two fridges, three freezers and two pantries, that I figure we must be able to eat without shopping! Here’s what I came up with:
- Monday: Creamy kale fettucine alfredo, salad
- Tuesday: Slow cooker ribs, green beans, baked potatoes
- Wednesday: Flaxbread Chili-Cheese Bake (using some of that leftover chili we have)
- Thursday: Hash with poached eggs
- Friday: Dinner out to celebrate Babyface’s first paycheck at his new job!
- Saturday: Potato soup, grilled cheese
- Sunday: Baked fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
What are you eating this week?