- 2 cups water
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, bruised
- 1-1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- In a small saucepan, combine water, milk and basil leaves. Steep over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat, strain out basil leaves and discard.
- Return pot to low heat, add in honey, cocoa, and salt. Whisk over heat until well combined, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add in vanilla extract and coffee liqueur.
- Transfer mixture into a container with lid and chill until completely cold. Pour into ice cream maker and churn as directed by the manufacturer. Sorbet will be soft. Spoon into a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze for 4-6 hours or until scoopable.
Keywords: dessert, chocolate, frozen, ice cream