Remember when I used to do weekly rundowns of my workouts? And then they fizzled out because my motivation fizzled out too and my workouts were so sporadic that they certainly didn’t warrant a weekly digest? Well no more! We’re back, baby!
Thanks to my new training schedule for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk, I rocked my workouts this week. Yippee!
This week’s fitness notes:
- I once saw on something somewhere (reliable source, right?) that we don’t need much more cardio than a brisk 30 minute walk on most days. Sure, longer and more intensity is great, but that 30 minute walk baseline is enough to keep you healthy. It’s something I’ve been thinking about all week. I love walking, but I’ve always felt like it wasn’t enough. I had to do something more intense, more hardcore, more exhausting to really be a healthy person. Maybe I’ve been misguided this whole time and I can blissfully walk my way to a healthy life. I really need to do more research about walking for health.
- I LOVE my home gym. Love, love, love! In the past few months, we’ve added a treadmill, kettlebells and a bench and now I can pretty much do everything I want in there. Plus, I can plug my iPad into the treadmill. And between the Hulu Plus and Netflix Apps, my training walks are speeding by. I barely even notice the miles go by when I’m mesmerized by the drama of Seaside Heights.
- Remember when I could do a two minute plank? Well that’s not the case anymore. I could barely hold one for 45 seconds this week. It’s crazy how fast you lose strength. I now have a calendar on the wall in the gym to track my progress—I want to get up to three minutes!
- 1 week of my Avon Walk training down. 17 to go.
- 368 total fitness minutes.
This week’s workouts:
- Brisk 3 mile walk (treadmill)
- Moderate 3 mile walk (outside, it was beautiful!)
- Strength training (body weight, free weights, kettlebells)
- 30 minutes elliptical
- Moderate 4 mile walk (treadmill)
- Moderate 3 mile walk (treadmill)
What was your best workout of the week?
I liked the combo of walking outside on campus on a stupendously beautiful day and then coming home and kicking my muscles’ ass.