Summer Roasted Vegetable Pasta is best made when fresh tomatoes and corn are at their peak. It’s vegetarian, gluten-free, easily made vegan, and super simple to make, to boot!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large zucchini, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (from about 2 large ears)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh minced oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces penne, cooked according to package directions (wheat, gluten-free, and legume pasta all work)
- Chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese (optional), for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, zucchini, corn, garlic, oregano, salt, and olive oil. Toss to coat. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the veggies are all tender and there is quite a bit of juice in the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the roasted veggies, tossing to coat. The starch from the pasta should help to thicken up the sauce as it cools. Serve topped with shredded fresh basil and Parmesan.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, summer, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, vegetarian, gluten-free