Think cooking a delicious, moist, and tender ham has to be a difficult task? Not so with this slow cooker ham recipe with a honey-mustard glaze.
- 1 quarter, spiral-sliced, fully-cooked ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the ham in the basin of a slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, mustard, cloves, and water over high heat. Heat until just warm enough to dissolve the sugar. Pour the mixture over the ham, making sure to separate the slices to let the glaze get between.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6, basting with the cooking juices every few hours. Serve immediately, or, preheat the broiler, transfer the ham to a oven-safe dish, and pour the cooking liquid into a small saucepan. Heat cooking liquid on medium-high for 5-7 minutes, or until thick and bubbly. Brush onto ham, and broil for 4-5 minutes, removing to baste with additional glaze every minute or so.