- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, apple and bacon. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the olive oil mixture into the Brussels sprouts mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts onto a large baking sheet. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until sprouts are tender and brown.
For a low sugar option, simply omit the maple syrup.
- Category: Side Dishes