I created a flavorful, crunchy, tuna salad that works perfectly on top of rye bread with a few slices of tomato and melted Swiss.
- 2–5 ounce cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon sweet relish
- Dash of curry powder
- 4 slices rye bread
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, red bell pepper, red onion, hummus, dijon, relish and curry and mix.
- Spoon 1/4 of the tuna salad on to each of the rye bread slices. Top each with two slices of tomato and one slice of cheese. Heat under broiler for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted, brown and bubbly.
- Category: Sandwiches
Keywords: lunches, sandwiches, tuna, hummus