Dense, rich, and moist, this Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread comes together in one bowl—no need to dirty lots of dishes!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill Ivory Wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 8″ x 4″ loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add the pumpkin puree, eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and coconut oil or butter. Stir until just moistened—do not overmix or the bread will be tough. The mixture should be thick.
- Spread into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is brown and cracked, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
You can sub in 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, if you prefer.