These lightly-sweet breakfast cookies are a great grab-and-go healthy breakfast for those busy fall weekday mornings. Packed with pumpkin spice flavor, healthy whole grains, and healthy fats!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal (ground flaxseeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and maple syrup. Mix on medium until well-blended.
- Add in the flour, oats, flaxmeal, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Mix on medium until well-blended.
- Fold in the raisins using a wooden spoon.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfulls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about an inch between cookies. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and solid. Let cool for five minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely.