I have a super quick and simple post for you guys this afternoon. Why? Because it mimics the super quick and simple nature of these amazing yogurt popsicles I made the other day!
I was looking for something easy to put together for a summer dessert for the week. I also wanted something that had no sugar added. I wanted to go clean and simple—fruit, almond milk, yogurt. So I tested it out and came up with an awesomely fruit-y tropical popsicle that is healthy as healthy can be.
These popsicles ring in at a measly 30 calories each. Thirty. Calories. You can burn that off sitting down and watching an episode of True Blood. Bonus: each popsicle gives you a two gram protein boost! Now that’s how you do a light and healthy dessert. I’m so excited to have discovered that you absolutely do not need to add sugar to make yogurt popsicles delicious. I can’t wait to try other fruits! I think a banana cantaloupe combo may be in my future.
No Sugar Added Banana and Pineapple Yogurt Pops
Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus freezing time)
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Makes: 6 popsicles
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 large, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup canned chunk pineapple
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in the carafe of a blender. Blend on high until the mixture is very smooth.
- Divide evenly into a popsicle mold. Freeze 4-6 hours or until solid.