I chose to reserve some of the crust mixture to stir into the filling to add a little bit of crunch and texture. If you prefer a silky smooth filling, just use all the crust mix for the actual crust.
For the crust:
- 15 mini Butterfingers
- 3 ounces pretzel twists (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1–1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of Butterfinger and pretzel mixture
For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the Butterfingers and pretzels. Pulse until well-chopped, but not dust.
- Remove 1/2 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Still in melted butter to Butterfinger/pretzel mixture until well-combined. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To prepare the filling, mix the water and gelatin in a small, microwave safe bowl and set aside to bloom.
- Meanwhile, beat heavy cream on high in a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until medium stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, salt and reserved Butterfinger/pretzel mixture. Beat on medium until smooth. Set aside.
- Place bowl of gelatin in microwave and heat at 50% power for 10 seconds. This is to smooth out the gelatin mixture.
- With the mixer on low, slowly stream in the gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- By hand, fold the whipped cream in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread filling evenly into the springform pan.
- To prepare ganache, combine chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler over low heat. Once chocolate is melted and combined with the cream, remove from heat and drizzle over cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake in fridge and let chill for at least 3-4 hours or until set up. Before serving, move ring of springform pan.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: dessert, chocolate, cake