This blender soup ends up being the most lovely pink color! A big chunk of the flavor comes from the fire roasted tomatoes, so make sure to grab those instead of just regular diced tomatoes.
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves OR 2 tablespoons dried basil
- In the pitcher of a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour into pint-size Mason jars. Seal lids and stash in fridge for up to a week.
- To reheat in microwave: remove lid from jar, cover jar loosely with a paper towel, and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes—stirring every minute—until hot.
- To reheat on stovetop: pour soup into a small saucepan. Head over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot throughout—about five minutes.