There is so much goodness in the bottom of this salad jar—there isn’t a whole bunch of room left for greens! That’s okay, the jar is still packed with flavor and nutrition.
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup pearl-size fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4–6 cups mixed lettuce and greens (I usually just pick whatever is on sale that week)
- Divide the ingredients evenly between two wide-mouth pint-size Mason jars. Make sure to follow the order listed in order to keep the lettuce crisp.
- Stuff in as much lettuce and greens as you can, screw on lid, and stash in fridge for up to a week.
Depending on the age of your mozzarella, you might get more like 2-3 days out of a jar with cheese in it. To get a full week worth of shelf-life, leave the cheese out of the jar and add it just before serving.