This salad features a beautiful mix of colors, textures, and flavors! I like it with baby kale, but if you’re kale-adverse, baby spinach is equally delicious.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large tart apple (i.e. Granny Smith), cored and diced
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard salad dressing
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4–6 cups baby spinach or baby kale
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon and water. Add in the diced apple and toss to cover the apple well. Drain the apple discarding the lemon water, and set apple aside.
- Divide the dressing evenly between two wide-mouth pint-size Mason jars. Add in half the apple into each jar, and then divide all remaining ingredients between the two jars—making sure to follow the order listed in order to keep the spinach or kale crisp.
- Stuff in as much greens as you can, screw on lid, and stash in fridge for up five days.