Salt Dough Ornaments are a fun Christmas craft that use pantry staples you probably already have on hand!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup table salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Glitter, paint, and ribbon, for decoration
- Polyurethane spray, for preservation
To Make Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Slowly stream in the water while stirring until it comes together. Finish mixing together with hands. Knead until dough is soft, about five minutes.
To Bake Ornaments
- Preheat oven to 300°. Place half of the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper. Roll out until 1/8″ thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment.
- Using cookie cutters, cut shapes (leaving them on the parchment). Peel away the excess dough. Transfer the parchment with shapes to a baking sheet.
- Using a straw or toothpick, poke a hole for ribbon or ornament hanger. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until hard.
- Once cooled, decorate using glitter and paint. To make sure the ornaments last a long time (I have one from 25 years ago!) spray with a light coat of polyurethane spray. Thread a ribbon and hang on tree.