Healthy game day food? Yup! These vegetarian, baked, super healthy Lentil Enchilada Wonton Cups with help make your game day party healthy!
1 1/2 cups brown lentils
1 package taco season (or make your own)
3 cups water
48 wonton wrappers
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1-14 ounce can of enchilada sauce (or make your own)
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Sour cream, chopped avocado, sliced green onions, diced cilantro, and other toppers
- In a medium saucepan, combine the lentils, taco seasoning, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the water has been absorbed and the lentils are tender (but not mushy)—about 25-30 minutes. Depending on the age and type of lentils, you may have to add a touch more water to achieve this.
- While the lentils cook, preheat the oven to 400°. Spray a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray and press a wonton wrapper into each of the cups. Set aside.
- When the lentils are finished cooking, remove from heat, and stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Spoon about one tablespoon of the lentil mixture into each of the wonton cups. Top each cup with about a teaspoon of enchilada sauce and a sprinkle of cheese (you will probably have enchilada sauce leftover).
- Bake cups in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes—just until the cheese is melted and the corners of the wonton wrappers begin to brown. Do not overbake!
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tin and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining 24 wonton wrappers and the remainder of the filling.
- Top each cup with sour cream, chopped avocado, or other desired toppings, or set toppings alongside cups for guests to customize themselves.