Calming Lavender Bath Salts make for simple, affordable, and beautiful holiday gifts for anyone who deserves a little pampering.
- 4 cups Epsom salts
- 2 cup coarse or medium Himalayan sea salt
- 60 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/2 cup dried lavender flowers, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the Epsom salts and rock sea salt.
- Sprinkle the lavender essential oil over the salt, and toss very well to combine.
- Add in the lavender flowers, if using, and toss to incorporate.
- Divide the mixture into the half-pint storage jars and close.
- Print the labels, cut them out, and then fold in half. Using a small hole punch, punch a hole in the corner, then attach to the jar using twine. Tie on one sprig of lavender, and gift to someone you love!
- To use: Dissolve 1 cup in a hot bath, relax and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Salt absorbs the moisture in the air, so these salts may begin to harden after a few weeks. Using an airtight jar (like the latch top jars we use here) will help, but if they do end up hardening, just use a fork to “fluff” them.
- The lavender flowers will need to be rinsed off your body and the tub after using. If that extra step bugs you, just leave them out.
- Category: DIY Beauty
Keywords: DIY beauty, bath salts, homemade gifts