This soup makes a great holiday gift, and it’s great to keep on hand to give when someone you love comes down with a cold.
- 1 tablespoons dried chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
To make jar:
- Layer all ingredients in a clean glass jar (pint size) in the order listed. Close lid, add tag, and gift.
To make soup:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté one diced carrot and one diced stalk of celery until just tender, about 5 minutes. Unwrap the bouillon cube from the soup mix, and then add it, plus all remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Add in 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the noodles are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in 2 cups chopped cooked chicken before serving. Season to taste.