This vegetarian lentil soup is bright orange, packed full of exotic flavor, and super delicious served with a stack of warm naan bread!
- 2/3 cup orange lentils
- 2/3 cup green lentils
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoons dried chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 veggie bouillon cubes
- 1 chile pepper
To make jar:
- Layer all ingredients in a clean glass jar (pint size) in the order listed. Close lid, add tag, and gift.
To make soup:
- Remove wrapper from bouillon cubes and add them, plus all remaining ingredients, plus four cups of water and one 14-ounce can of full fat coconut milk to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard the chile pepper before serving. Season to taste.