This soup is tomato based (you add a can of diced tomatoes when cooking), vegetarian, and packed full of garlic and Italian herbs.
- 1 cup pearled barley
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
To make jar:
- Layer all ingredients in a clean glass jar (pint size) in the order listed. Close lid, add tag, and gift.
To make soup:
- Remove wrapper from bouillon cube and add it, plus all remaining ingredients, plus four cups of water and one 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the barley is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve topped with grated Parmesan. Season to taste.