Sometimes you don’t have easy access to a sink with soap and hot water. Those times call for this anti-viral and anti-bacterial Homemade Hand Sanitizer made with all-natural ingredients.
- 2 ounce spray bottle
- 5 drops vitamin E oil (optional, this makes for soft hands!)
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel with aloe vera or vodka
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- Distilled (or at least filtered, boiled, and cooled) water
- Printable label PDF
- Label sheet, printer and scissors
- In the spray bottle, combine the vitamin E oil, witch hazel or vodka, and essential oils. Place the sprayer on tightly and shake well for 15-20 seconds to combine.
- Open the bottle, and fill to the top with water. Replace sprayer, and shake again for 15-20 seconds. Done!
- Print and stick the label to the bottle. If you don’t have label sheets kicking around, you can also print the label onto regular paper, and then use clear packing tape to adhere the label to the bottle by using the tape like lamination over the entire label.
- Spray liberally on your hands whenever you feel like they need a bit of a deep clean. Rub hands together until dry.
Essential oil disclaimer: This recipe uses what are generally considered safe essential oils, but please keep in mind that while completely natural, all essential oils are powerful plant compounds that you and your family (including your pets) might have a reaction to. Never use essential oils undiluted or take essential oils internally (diluted or undiluted) without the guidance of a professional, and always read up about the possible side effects of each type of oil before you use it. Avoid the use of essential oils (diluted or undiluted) during the first trimester of pregnancy, on small babies, and on anyone with severe allergies to the plants the oils are derived from. And if you see any reactions in yourself, your family, or your pets, stop use of your essential oil products immediately and contact a medical professional.