- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 4 tablespoons juice and 3 teaspoons zest)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced oregano OR 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined.
- Refrigerate and let flavors blend for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2 hours, before serving.
You can swap out the olive oil for any other mild-flavored oil (I like avocado oil!).