- Zest and juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons juice and 3 teaspoons zest)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined.
- Refrigerate and let flavors blend for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2 hours, before serving.
If you’re using low sodium soy sauce, check for seasoning and then add more salt to taste.
You can swap out the olive oil for any other mild-flavored oil (I like avocado oil!).