- 3/4 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley OR 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 medium onion, diced (about 2 tablespoons) OR 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives OR 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup—1/2 cup buttermilk
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined. Alternatively, you can combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate and let flavors blend for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2 hours, before serving.
Store in an airtight bottle or jar in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re looking to make a thicker ranch dip, only use 1/4 cup of buttermilk. For a thinner dressing to drizzle onto salads, add more buttermilk.