In addition to being perfect with grilled tuna steaks, this Blackening Seasoning is excellent on shrimp, chicken, and vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. The mix should keep well for at least three months.
Try using smoked paprika instead of regular paprika (or one tablespoon of each) for a smokier, spicier flavor.
Using one teaspoon of cayenne pepper will lead to a medium spice level for the finished dish, so feel free to adjust the amount to suit your preferences.